The following information applies to version 12 of the Install app.
To deployon a Quantum appliance that is already installed and configured:
Important Information Regarding QXS Configurations
For successful post-deployment of StorNext Connect on single-server node systems, you must configure an HAFS on the system. Using the StorNext Connect Install App, the array would have been configured with 1 HAFS LUN, 1 metadata LUN and 1 data LUN, using a "converged", or "combo" QXS OBC (one-button configuration) profile.
WARNING: StorNext Connect deployment will fail without the HAFS being configured on the array.
The single server node must also be converted to operate in HA mode (open the StorNext GUI, and select Tools > High Availability > Convert to enable the StorNext high availability (HA) feature. The system must have an HAFS LUN, and be converted to HA for single-node systems - to make them "HA-ready", which allows an upgade to a second/failover server node in the future. In addition, if you do not use one of the standard Xcellis-supported profiles mentioned above, future expansion will have to be done manually, and not using provisioning commands included in the Service Menu (for systems running StorNext releases earlier than 6.1).
- Verify the network environment and hardware meet the requirements. See Planning and Compatibility on the Doc Center for details.
- Upgrade the appliance firmware to a minimum of StorNext 22.214.171.124, if needed. See Upgrade the System (Upgrade Firmware) on the Appliance InfoHub.
- Request StorNext Connect Request Process . , if necessary. See
- Log in to the Overview of the StorNext Connect Website.
If you haven't already, you will need to do the following on the site:
- Register/create an account on the site
- Get installation instructions (only applicable for products supported by the Quantum Hardware Compatibility). – see
- Get the install bundle file used to install .
- Install Install StorNext Connect on an Operational Quantum Appliance. on the appliance. See
- Install the license.
- Update the mail server.
- Install or update applications.
- Install or update the Connector, if necessary. See Post-Deployment Tasks for details.