Configuring the Cloud Appliance for OST
The OST wizard provides guided assistance for configuring the Q-Cloud Protect appliance to present its storage as one or more OpenStorage (OST) servers for use with a backup application.
DXi Accent must be enabled to perform NetBackup and Backup Exec OST direct replications to the cloud appliance. See Configuring Accent.
The wizard guides you through the process of adding one or more OST storage servers, configuring logical storage units (LSUs), and adding OST users. The wizard also provides a link for downloading and installing the OST Plug-in on your backup host.
You cannot use the OST wizard to edit existing storage servers or LSUs. For more information about working with OST, see Configure OST.
From the Configuration Wizards page, select OST to display the OST Wizard's About page.
The About page displays the status of the OST service. OST settings can be configured in Ready, Stopped, or Verifying state. The appliance is available as an OST server when it is in Ready state.
- Click Next to continue to the Add Storage Servers page.
On the Add Storage Server page, enter information about the cloud appliance as an OST server.
Enter the name of the storage server.
Caution: Do not use an underscore ( _ ) in the name of the storage server.
(Optional) Enter a brief description of the storage server.
Enter the maximum number of connections allowed to the storage server (3 to 65536).
We recommend setting Max Connections to 300.
Enable Concurrent Optimized Duplication
Select the check box to enable optimized duplication during OST ingest.
Concurrent Optimized Duplication, Automatic Image Replication, and NetBackup Accelerator are not supported by Q-Cloud Protect.
- Select the check box for each optimized duplication target you want to duplicate the storage server to. When the storage server is duplicated, its data will be sent to all selected targets.
- Click Add to display the Storage Servers Added page.
Do one of the following:
- Repeat this process to add additional storage servers.
- To remove a storage server, select it in the Storage Servers Added table and click Delete.
- Click Next to display the Add LSU's page.
- Display the Add LSU's page.
- Enter the following information about the LSU:
Select the virtual appliance as the storage server that will contain the new LSU.
Use Available Capacity
Select this option to assign the available capacity on the system to the new LSU.
You cannot add an available capacity LSU to a storage server that already contains an LSU. In addition, f you add an available capacity LSU to a storage server, you cannot add additional LSUs to that same storage server.
After you add an LSU that uses the Available Capacity option, you cannot change the LSU to use the Specific Capacity option. Instead, you must delete the LSU, add a new LSU, and choose the Specific Capacity option for the new LSU. (see Deleting an LSU).
Select this option to specify the capacity to assign to the LSU. Enter the following information:LSU Name
Enter a name for the LSU.Physical Capacity
Enter the capacity to assign to the LSU (1 to 1048576 GB).
- Click Add to display the LSUs Added table.
- Do one of the following:
- Repeat this process to add additional LSUs.
- To remove and LSU, select it in the LSUs Added table and click Delete.
- Click Next to display the OST Users page.
Note: To configure the LSU for Automatic Image Replication, use the Configuration > OST > LSU page. See Managing LSUs.
- Display the OST Users page.
Enter the following information about the authenticated OST user:
Enter the name of the authenticated user.
Enter the password for the authenticated user.
Re-enter the password to confirm it.
(Optional) Enter a brief description of the authenticated user.
- Click Apply to add the user to the Users Added table.
- Do one of the following:
- Repeat this process to add additional users.
- To remove a user, select it in the Users Added table and click Delete.
- Click Next to display the OST Confirmation page.
- Display the OST Confirmation page.
Review the settings you selected to make sure they are correct.
The items to be added display in the Storage Servers Added, LSUs Added, and Users Added tables.To make changes
- Click Previous to return to the appropriate step.
- Select the incorrect item.
- Click Delete to remove the item.
- Add a new item.
After you have confirmed all settings, click Finish.
The wizard configures the cloud appliance with the settings you selected, and displays the OST Client Plug-In page.
- Display the OST Client Plug-In page.
- Click Client Plug-In Download to display the OST Media Server Client Plugins page.
- Select and download the appropriate OST Plug-In for your cloud appliance and operating system.
- Click Installation Instructions to download the OST Plug-in Installation Instructions. Follow the instructions to install the OST Plug-in on your media server.
Note: Make sure to enable Accent. See Configuring Accent.