Accessing the Virtual Console
Access the Q-Cloud Protect virtual console using a Web browser on a workstation that exists within the VPC-network configured for your Q-Cloud Protect appliance.
Web browser software is not included with Q-Cloud Protect. You must obtain and install it separately. The Q-Cloud Protect virtual console supports the following Web browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox 17 or later
- Google Chrome 21 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, 10, or 11
Web Browser Tips
Review the following tips to ensure you can access the cloud appliance's virtual console and its features.
- If you are experiencing browser issues, please update to the latest browser version.
If you are using Google Chrome, the Help may not display unless you do the following:
- Select Settings > Show Advanced Setting > Privacy > Content Settings > Pop-ups > Manage Exceptions.
- Add the cloud appliance's IP address to the exceptions box.
- Select Allow and click Done.
The following users can access the Q-Cloud Protect virtual console:
Monitors can view information on the virtual console but cannot make changes.
Administrators can view and change information on the virtual console.
Service users can view and change information on the virtual console, with the exception of passwords on the Access Control page.
- In a supported Web browser, navigate to the cloud appliance using it's private IP address.
The Login window displays.If the Login window does not display
- Verify that your Q-Cloud Protect instance is running in the EC2 console. For more information, see Step 7: Review and Launch.
- Verify that the IP address is correct and that the network path to the cloud appliance is valid.
- Verify that you are using a supported Web browser.
- If the appliance is first booting up or rebooting, wait 15 minutes before trying to access the Login window.
- If you are still unable to access the Login window, contact your administrator.
Select the user type and enter the corresponding password.
Passwords are limited to 32 characters. Alphanumeric characters and special characters are allowed. For more information about passwords, see Configuring Access Control.
- Click Login to display the Home page.
If a security banner message has been specified for the cloud appliance, click Accept. From more information about security banners, see Configuring a Security Notice.
Caution: More than one Administrator can log on to the cloud appliance at a time. If two Administrators attempt to make configuration changes on the same page at the same time, it is possible that one Administrator’s changes will overwrite the other’s. Always coordinate configuration changes with other Administrator users.
- Click Logout on the upper right of the virtual console to end your session.
If the Q-Cloud Protect virtual console is idle for more than 30 minutes (default setting), the system ends the session. You can change the inactivity timeout on the Login Session page. See Configure Inactivity Timeouts.
There is no inactivity timeout for CLI Administrator users over Secure Shell (SSH).