Task Overview: Launch Instances from GovCloud
After you purchase your capacity-based license for Q-Cloud Protect, you can launch the cloud appliance from your GovCloud account. The following task provides an overview of the steps you will take to launch your Q-Cloud Protect instance. For detailed instructions, click on the step's corresponding link.
- From the EC2 Console, click Launch Instance to display the Step 1: Choose an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) page, and locate the Q-Cloud Protect AMI.
- In the left column, click Community AMIs to display AMIs shared into the GovCloud community.
- In the Search bar, enter Q-Cloud Protect to quickly locate the Q-Cloud Protect AMI.
- Next to the Q-Cloud Protect AMI, click Select to display Step 2: Choose an Instance Type.
- On Step 2: Choose an Instance Type, select the appropriate instance type based on your purchased license and storage capacity needs.
- Click Next: Configure Instance Details to assign a network configuration to the instance. See Step 3: Configure Instance Details.
- Click the Next: Add Storage button to configure storage for your instance. See Step 4: Add Storage
- Click the Next: Tag Instance button to create tags for your instance. See Step 5: Tag Instance.
- Click Next: Configure Security Group to assign a security group to your instance. See Step 6: Configure Security Group.
- Click Review and Launch to review configuration settings. See Step 7: Review and Launch.
As part of the launch process, you will need to assign a key pair to the instance. See Assigning Key Pairs.
- Click Launch Instances to launch your instance. See Step 7: Review and Launch.