Quantum StorNext G300 Products: How To Find the Serial Number?
There two ways to find the serial number on StorNext G300 products: The Physical Label and the Logical Label within the Service Menu.
On the StorNext G300 Physical Label
The system serial number can be found on a label on the rear of the system, to the left of the power supplies. The number should be 14 characters in length. It starts with “CX...” and includes “CPA”: YYWW XXXXX. The serial number label is affixed sideways, as shown in the following image:
On the StorNext G300 Service Menu
Perform these steps, as shown in the image that follows them:
1. Open a secure shell () connection to the server using the IP address assigned to the gateway on either the DLC or the Metadata network.
2. Log on using the user login and password.
3. Enter the command to obtain root privileges.
4. Enter the password for the StorNext user account again when prompted.
5. Launch the menu script . The displays, with three options.
6. Select the option.
7. At the , select the option. The serial number will display immediately below.