For an M-Series Library, you can find the product serial number in three distinct locations:
The product serial number is located on either the Stack-link slot or on the back of the library, depending on the unit.
This procedure describes how to find the product serial number on an M-Series library by using the Prism Management Card interface.
It is possible that the serial number displayed on the Prism Management Card and the physical library may not match. Take the time to make sure they do match. If not, the is the accurate number.
1. On the host computer, open the Internet browser software.
2. In the field, type where is the IP address for the Prism Web GUI to your M-Series library. This example uses an M2500 library. The page displays.
3. Click the plus () symbol next to . The screen displays.
4. Enter the appropriate name and password, and then click the page symbol next to . The page displays.
5. Verify the product serial number () from the field at the bottom center.
Use this procedure to access the product serial numbers for an M-Series library from the screen.
1. From the GUI, click to display the .
2. Click .
3. Verify the library serial number () from the field.