QXS 12G Training
Start course: QXS 12G Hardware Overview Course.
This course takes about an hour to complete and provides an overview of QXS 12G hardware.
- It describes the QXS 12G models by looking at the different chassis, RAID controllers, and expansion I/O modules.
- It also examines the different drive options for the QXS 12G chassis.
- Components such as power supplies and fans are described, and we explain which hardware components are customer-replaceable units (CRUs).
Start course: QXS 12G Installation Course.
This course guides you through the process of installing a QXS 12G system.
- Specific topics examined in the course include racking your QXS 12G system, cabling it, powering up, and establishing host connectivity.
- This course should take about an hour to complete.
Start course: QXS 12G Initial Configuration and Troubleshooting Course.
This course describes the initial configuration and basic troubleshooting for QXS 12G systems. It should take about 45 minutes to complete. Topics covered include:
Initial configuration procedures for QXS 12G systems using the System Settings panel
- Using the disk management utility to provision storage for the QXS 12G system
- Complete basic troubleshooting steps using the QXS 12G Disk Management Utility (GUI)
Start course: QXS 12G Licenses and Features of Virtual Storage Course.
This course describes the licenses and features of virtual storage for QXS 12G systems. It should take about 30 to 60 minutes to complete. Information covered includes:
Features of virtual storage that are made available by the Virtualization license
How to acquire and install QXS licenses
Summarizes the capabilities of the optional QXS licenses: Performance Tier, Volume Copy, Licensed Snapshots, and Replication
- Remove and Replace a 2U12 3.5" Drive
- Remove and Replace a 2U24 2.5" Drive
- Remove and Replace a 2U RAID Controller or Expansion IOM
- Remove and Replace a 2U Power Supply Unit (PSU)
- Open and Close the 5U84 Drawer(s)
- Remove and Replace a 5U84 Drive
- Remove and Replace a 5U84 Fan
- Remove and Replace a 5U84 RAID Controller or Expansion IOM
- Remove and Replace a 5U84 Power Supply Unit (PSU)