Finding the System Serial Number on the Xcellis Workflow Extender
How can I find the system serial number on an Xcellis Workflow Extender?
You will need the system serial number if you need service on your Xcellis Workflow Extender. You can find this number as follows:
- On the Front of the Server
- On the Back of the Server
- On the System Service Menu
- In the GUI of a StorNext MDC
System serial numbers are alphanumeric (For example: CX1234CKD5678).
1. On the LCD Panel: The LCD panel displays the system serial number, status information, and system error messages.
2. On the Service Tag (pullout tab): The Service Tag shows the system serial number, and system information such as the NIC and MAC addresses.
The system serial number appears in a sleeve on the back of the server:
To find the system service number:
1. Access the Service Menu.
2. Select the Display System Serial Number option.
3. Select Display Node Serial Number.
You can find the System Service Number in the GUI of a StorNext MDC, such as the Xcellis Workflow Director, which is located in the same metadata network as the Xcellis Workflow Extender/StorNext G300 Gateway Appliance.
To see the serial number, select Help > About > Gateways. You will see serial numbers for all active Gateway systems, including the Xcellis Workflow Director.