P2000, P3000, P4000 and P7000 Libraries: How can I find the Product Serial Number?
P2000, P3000, P4000, and P7000 Libraries: How can I find the Product Serial Number?
There are three distinct ways to find the product serial number for a P-Series library:
The product serial number (1078A12057) is located on the lower-left corner at the back of the system on the label.
This procedure describes how to find the product serial number of a P-Series library by using the Prism Management Card interface.
CAUTION: It is possible that the serial number displayed on the Prism Management Card and that found on the physical library label may not match. If they do not match, always use the physical library value as the accurate number.
- On the host computer, open the Internet browser software.
- In the Address field, type http://IPaddress/ where IPaddress is the IP address for the Prism Web interface to the P2000, P3000, P4000, or P7000 library. This example uses a P3000 library. The PMC Server Home page displays:
- Click the plus (+) next to ALERT Library Management. The plus (+) becomes a minus (-) and six options appear beneath ALERT Library Management:
- Click the page symbol next to Library Configuration. The Log In pop-up displays.
- Type the appropriate name and password and then click the page symbol next to Library Configuration again. The Library Configuration page displays.
- From the Library Configuration page, record the serial number (107ba12057) from the Library Serial Number field.
Use this procedure to access the product serial number for a P-Series Library from the Operator Panel.
- From the initial screen, click the Operator tab.
- Enter the correct operator or service password to gain access to the Operator screen.
- Click Configure Library.
- Verify the product library serial number (O0DOLAP027) from the Serial Number field.