This topic describes how to perform a StorNext and StorNext FX client-only installations (without StorNext File System or StorNext Storage Manager) on supported platforms. StorNext and StorNext FX client software lets you mount and work with StorNext and Xsan file systems, respectively.
Note: To ensure successful operation, make sure the StorNext or StorNext FX client system meets all operating system and hardware requirements (see StorNext and StorNext FX Client System Requirements).
Note: Before installing the StorNext or StorNext FX client software you must install and configure your StorNext or Xsan MDC, activate StorNext with a license key, and create necessary File Systems. For Xsan MDCs consult your Apple Xsan documentation for information on configuring the MDC.
See the sections below for additional information:
- StorNext and StorNext FX Client System Requirements
- Download the StorNext or StorNext FX Client Software
- Install the StorNext and StorNext FX Client Software on Linux or Unix
- Install the StorNext and StorNext FX Client Software on Windows
- Configure the StorNext and StorNext FX Client Software on Windows