The Software Requests functionality displays all outstanding MSM (Media Manager) subsystem requests, such as low level mounts, dismounts, media moves, imports, exports, checkins, checkouts, etc. For example, commands that will be sent to a tape library; not the higher level stores, retrieves, etc. You can cancel such requests using the Software Requests functionality.
For additional information, see the command
vscancelreq in the StorNext MAN Pages Reference Guide.
Note: The Software Requests functionality is not for client downloads.
On the Tools menu, click Storage Manager, and then click Software Requests. The Software Requests page appears and provides the following information.
The software request’s identifier.
The type of software request currently running.
The current state of the request (Current or Pending).
The time the software request was initiated.
The priority assigned to the software request.
Note: 1 is the highest priority, and 32 is the lowest.
- On the Tools menu, click Storage Manager, and then click Software Requests. The Software Requests page appears.
- If desired, click Refresh to update the displayed list of software requests.
- Select the request you want to cancel.
- Click Cancel Request.
- When the confirmation message appears, click Yes to proceed or No to abort.
- After a message informs you that the request was successfully canceled, click OK.