Working with System Diagnostics
The Diagnostics tab allows you to generate and download diagnostic files, which contains diagnostic logs for all system components. The diagnostic files are helpful when troubleshooting problems on the Q-Cloud Protect appliance. Generate and download the diagnostic files before contacting Quantum customer support.
You can also use the Diagnostics tab to perform healthchecks to verify the health and integrity of the data deduplication blockpool on the cloud appliance.
Caution: If a healthcheck fails when it is run, there may be a problem in the blockpool that could cause replication or restore operations to fail. Contact Quantum customer support if a healthcheck fails.
You can perform the following tasks from the Diagnostics tab:
- From the Utilities menu, select Diagnostics > System Diag File to display the Generate/Download System Diagnostics File page.
- Click Generate New to generate a new system diagnostics file.
- After the file is generated, click the displayed link to enable the Download Current button.
- Click Download Current to download the generated file.
- A dialog box displays asking if you want to open or save the file.
- Click Save or OK to download the file.
- From the Utilities menu, select Diagnostics > Healthchecks > General to display the General Healthchecks page.
The following information about the most recently run healthcheck displays:
The status of the healthcheck, In Progress, Success, Failed, or Interrupted.
The percentage complete of the healthcheck.
The time the healthcheck started.
The time the healthcheck ended.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Start to initiate a new healthcheck.
- Click Stop to stop all healthchecks that are in progress.
To configure the cloud appliance to automatically run healthchecks at specified intervals, use the Configuration > Scheduler page. See Scheduling Events.
- From the Utilities menu, select Diagnostics > Healthchecks > Status to display the Healthcheck Status page.
- Review the following information about the most recently run test for each healthcheck:
The type of healthcheck.De-Duplication
Checks the overall health of the blockpool. This healthcheck verifies that the metadata in the namespace file and the data tags in the blockpool are correctly in sync.Integrity
Checks the integrity of data in the blockpool. This healthcheck examines a sample of data tags in the blockpool and verifies that the data has been properly stored without errors or corruption.
The state of the healthcheck (enabled or disabled).
The time the healthcheck started
The time the healthcheck ended.
The status of the healthcheck (Success or Failed).
If running a healthcheck results in the Contact Support status, contact Quantum Customer Support for further assistance.
When healthchecks are run (manually or scheduled), only enabled healthchecks are run.
- On the Healthcheck Status page, select the healthcheck and click Edit t o display the Edit Healthcheck page.
Do one of the following:
- To enable the healthcheck, select the Enable <type> healthcheck test check box.
- To disable the healthcheck, clear the Enable <type> healthcheck test check box.
- Click Apply.