Working With Service Tickets
The Q-Cloud Protect appliance has the capability to automatically detect and resolve problems encountered by the system during operation. If a problem cannot be resolved automatically and requires user intervention or servicing, the system generates a service ticket.
A service ticket contains detailed information about the problem and, if appropriate, steps you can take to resolve it. If the Q-Cloud Protect appliance detects that the problem is resolved, the system automatically closes the service ticket. You can also manually close a service ticket after the problem is corrected.
Note: Tickets that are not resolved are generated again after 24 hours.
Service Ticket Priority
The system assigns each service ticket a priority based on the criticality of the problem. There are three priority levels.
A minor problem occurred and needs to be resolved, but the operation and performance of the cloud appliance are not significantly affected.
A serious problem occurred and needs to be resolved, but it does not necessarily need to be fixed immediately. The operation and performance of the cloud appliance may be degraded.
A critical problem has occurred and needs to be resolved immediately. The operation and performance of the cloud appliance are degraded, and there is a risk of system failure or data loss.
If appropriate, a service ticket includes recommended actions, which provide instructions for resolving the problem.
Perform the recommended actions to try to resolve the problem before contacting Quantum customer support. If you are able to resolve the problem, you can close the service ticket.
Note: The recommended actions should be performed by a user who is familiar with operating the cloud appliance.
The Service Tickets page allows you to view and work with service tickets.
Use the Service Tickets page to perform the following tasks:
- From the Alerts page, select Service Tickets to display the Service Tickets page.
- Review the following information about open service tickets:
The service ticket number.
The Request ID of the ticket.
The current status of the service ticket, either Open or Closed.
The priority level of the service ticket, Low, Middle, or High.
The date when the service ticket was last updated by the system.
A brief description of the service ticket.
Modify Ticket Display
- To sort the rows in the table by a column, click a column heading. Click the column heading again to reverse the sort order.
- To display only open, only closed, or all tickets, select the corresponding option in the Show Tickets drop-down list.
- To display a specific ticket in the list, enter a ticket number in the Get individual ticket field and click Apply.
From the Service Tickets list, click the ticket for which to view detailed information and recommended actions in the Ticket Details section of the page.
- Review the displayed information, including the time the ticket was opened and closed, the ticket status, and detailed information about the problem.
Note: The time indicated in the service ticket may not match the Q-Cloud Protect system time.
Click View Recommended Actions to view instructions for resolving the problem.
- Follow the instructions to resolve the problem.
Add notes to a service ticket to add additional information to the ticket, such as steps you have taken to resolve the issue or a record of calls made to Quantum customer support. The additional information is saved with the service ticket and remains associated with the ticket even after it is closed.
To enable the cloud appliance to send email, you must specify an outgoing email server. See Configuring the Email Server.
- From the Service Tickets list, click the ticket to send.
Click Email at the bottom of the page to display the Email Ticket Information section.
- In the Email Recipient box, enter the email address to which to send the ticket details.
- (Optional) In the Comment box, enter additional information to send with the ticket.
- Click Send.
Close a service ticket when the issue is resolved. You can still view and modify a ticket after it has been closed.