The Media tab allows you to manage virtual tape cartridges in recovered VTL partitions on the Q-Cloud Protect appliance. From the Media Actions page, you can import, export, and recycle cartridges from VTL partitions. You can also configure cartridges to be write-protected to prevent open access.
From the Configuration menu, select VTL > Media > Actions to display the Media Actions page.
- In the Partition drop-down box, select the partition that contains the cartridges to work with, or select All to work with all partitions.
The following information is displayed for all virtual tape cartridges in the partition:
The barcode number of the cartridge.
The cartridge type, either DLT, LTO, or SDLT.
The partition where the cartridge is located.
The write protect status of the cartridge, either Write Enabled or Write Protected.
The state of the cartridge:State
- Scratch - Scratch newly created virtual media or virtual media that has been recycled with no data on it.
- Virtual - Virtual media with data on it.
- Virtual, Mounted - Virtual media with data that is mounted in a tape drive.
- Vaulted - Virtual media with data that has been exported from a partition. Data is still intact on the virtual media.
- Exported - Virtual media with no data that has been exported from a partition. Media has to be in this state before it can be deleted from the cloud appliance.
- Pool - The type of cartridge pool, such as application, cleaning, service, or unknown.
The percentage of the tape cartridge that is used.
The Used (%) value is not updated while the media is mounted. Therefore, the displayed Used (%) value may be different from the real value for mounted media.
The total capacity of the tape cartridge.
Additional Navigation Information
- Click a column heading to sort the rows in the table by that column. Click the column heading again to reverse the sort order.
- Click the Information button ([i]) next to a cartridge to display detailed information about the cartridge.
In the Action drop-down box, select the action to perform:
Removes a cartridge from the virtual media changer and places it in an exported state.
Perform this action if an export cannot be performed from the backup application. The cartridge must be in the vaulted, scratch, or virtual state.
Recycles (erases) a cartridge so it can be reused by the partition.
Write Protect (WP)
Enables or disables write protection for the cartridge.
Imports cartridges into the currently selected partition.
Cartridges that are in the exported or vaulted state can be imported from another partition with the same media type and data deduplication settings.
After you select an action, the table is updated to show only the cartridges that support the selected action.
- (Optional) Select Show All Media in the Action drop-down box to see all cartridges.
(Optional) To reduce the number of cartridges displayed in the table, enter a barcode or barcode range in the Barcode Filter box and click Apply Filter.
Use a hyphen (-) to indicate a range, and use an asterisk (*) to indicate a wildcard. Separate multiple entries with commas, and do not use spaces.
Enter AAA* to display all cartridge barcodes beginning with AAA. Or enter AAA010-AAA020 to display all barcodes in the specified range. Click the Quick Tip icon [?] for additional examples.
To select the cartridges on which to perform the action, do one of the following:
- Select the cartridges to perform the action on. The action is performed only for selected cartridges on the current page.
- Select the check box in the table heading row to perform the action on all cartridges in the partition.
- Click Apply.