Managing Cartridge Based Replication for Partitions
The Cartridge Based page allows you to manage Cartridge Based Replication for partitions on the target system.
Note: For information about creating VTL partitions, see Managing VTL Partitions.
Use the Cartridge Based page to perform the following tasks:
The Partitions Eligible to Receive Cartridge Based Data section displays information for all VTL partitions on the cloud appliance that are eligible to receive Cartridge Based Replication data from a source partition.
To be eligible to receive Cartridge Based Replication data, a partition must have data deduplication enabled at the time it is created.
- From the Replication page, select Receive > NAS > Cartridge Based to display the Partitions Eligible for Replication page.
- Review the following information to determine eligible partitions:
The name of the partitin.
Whether Cartridge Based Replication is Enabled or Disabled for the partition.
The Sync ID of the source partition that will send replicated data to the target partition.
The selected access option for the partition:
- Locked – The partition is not allowed to receive new Cartridge Based Replication data.
- Unlocked – The partition is allowed to receive new Cartridge Based Replication data.
Note: Click the Information button [i] next to a partition to display detailed information about the partition and its recent replication activity.
Configuring a VTL partition for Cartridge Based Replication enables the automatic replication of cartridges on the source partition to the target partition.
Before you configure a partition on the source system for Cartridge Based Replication, you must configure a partition on the target system to receive the replicated data.
For information about configuring Cartridge Based Replication on the source system, see Configuring Directory/File or Cartridge Based Replication.
From the Replication page, select Receive > VTL > Cartridge Based to display the Partitions Eligible for Replication page.
- Select the partition to configure and click Edit to display the Edit <Partition> Settings page.
Select the Enable to receive Cartridge Based replication data check box to enable Cartridge Based Replication for the partition.
In the Sync ID box, enter the Sync ID used to identify the source partition sending replicated data to the target partition.
The Sync ID must be identical to the Sync ID of the source partition on the source partition.
Select an Access option:
- Locked - The partition is not allowed to receive new Cartridge Based Replication data.
- Unlocked - The partition is allowed to receive new Cartridge Based Replication data.
Note: If a partition configured for Cartridge Based Replication is locked on the target system, synchronization jobs may fail on the source system.
- Click Apply.
Use the Unpack Queue to view Cartridge Based Replication statistics for data received from the source system.
- From the Replication page, select Receive > VTL > Cartridge Based to display the Partitions Eligible for Replication page.
- Select a share and click View Unpack Queue to display the Unpack Queue page.
- Review the following statistics for the share:
The barcode of the cartridge to be replicated.
The replication state of the cartridge.
Click Refresh to update the statistics in the Unpack Queue, or click OK to return to the Cartridge Based page.