Downloading the OST Client Plug-In
Use the OST Client Plug-In page to download the Quantum OST Plug-in.
OST (OpenStorage) technology allows Veritas NetBackup and Backup Exec to seamlessly integrate with the Q-Cloud Protect appliance. Using OST, NetBackup and Backup Exec can manage backups through the cloud appliance and can take advantage of the system's capabilities, such as data deduplication and replication.
To use OST, you must first download the OST Plug-in and install it on the NetBackup or Backup Exec media server.
DXi Accent must be enabled to perform NetBackup and Backup Exec OST direct replications to the cloud appliance. See Configuring Accent.
- From the Configuration menu, select OST > OST Client Plug-In to display the OST Client Plug-In page.
- Click Client Plug-in Download to display the OST Media Server Client Plugins page on Quantum.com.
- Download the correct OST Plug-in for your backup application and operating system.
- Click Installation Instructions, to download the OST Plug-in Installation Instructions.
- Follow the included instructions to install the OST Plug-in on your media server.
Note: For information about configuring and using OST with the Q-Cloud Protect appliance, see the DXi-Series NetBackup and Backup Exec OST Configuration Guide (6-67079).