Configuring Email Alerts for the Cloud Appliance
To configure your cloud appliance to automatically send notifications and reports to selected recipients, use the Email Alerts wizard.
The wizard helps you configure an outgoing email server. Then the wizard guides you through the process of specifying email recipients and selecting the notifications and reports to send to the recipients.
If you do not set up email alerts, the cloud appliance will not be able to communicate with an email server. In addition, your email server needs to be accessible to the virtual private cloud (VPC) in which your cloud appliance resides. For more information, see
Display the Email Server page.
- In the Hostname or IP Address box, enter the hostname or IP address of the outgoing email server with which your cloud appliance can communicate.
Reserved IP addresses
Never use an address that is in a reserved IP address range. To see a list of reserved IP address ranges, click the quick tip icon [?] located near the IP address field.
- In the From Email Address box, enter the return email address displayed in the emailed alerts.
- Select the Enable Admin Alerts about Email Server not configured check box only if you want the appliance to generate administration alerts notifying you when an email server is not configured.
Select the Enable automatic emails to Quantum check box to periodically send system configuration and status information to Quantum, including any software upgrades you have installed using the Software Upgrade Utility.
Quantum Support can use this information to provide a better support experience in the future.
Note: Automatic emails contain configuration and status information only, and do not contain any customer data stored on the system.
- Click Next to display the Email Recipient List page.
- Display the Email Recipient List page.
- Click Add to display the Add Email Recipient page.
Enter the following information about the recipient:
The name of the recipient.
The email address of the recipient.
Select the types of notifications to send to the recipient:High
Send email notifications for High service tickets.
High service tickets indicate that a critical problem has occurred and needs to be resolved immediately. The operation and performance of the cloud appliance are degraded, and there is a risk of system failure or data loss.High and Medium
Send email notifications for High and Medium service tickets.
Medium service tickets indicate that a serious problem occurred and needs to be resolved, but it does not necessarily need to be fixed immediately. The operation and performance of the cloud appliance may be degraded.All
Send email notifications for High, Middle, and Low service tickets, as well as any administration alerts.
Low service tickets indicate that a minor problem occurred and needs to be resolved, but the operation and performance of the cloud appliance are not significantly affected.
- Select the Notification Enabled check box to enable sending of notifications to the recipient.
Click Apply to add the recipient to the list on the Email Recipient List page.
Repeat this process for each email recipient to add to the list.
- To change a recipient, select it in the Email Recipient list and click Edit.
- To remove a recipient, select it in the Email Recipient list and click Delete.
- Click Next to display the Confirm page.