Virtual Console Issues and FAQs
When you launch your Q-Cloud Protect instance, there are specific settings that you must configure to deploy your cloud appliance. If the following settings are not configured correctly, you may be unable to access the cloud appliance's virtual console from a supported browser.
For a list of supported browsers, see Accessing the Virtual Console.
In order to access your cloud appliance's virtual console, you must have its VPC-private network connection configured correctly.
For more information, see VPC-Private Network Connections.
If the correct instance type is not assigned to your instance, one of the following occurs:
- Your instance fails to launch. See EC2 Instance Issues and FAQs.
- You cannot access your cloud appliance's virtual console
- Your receive an Administration Alert of AWSConfiguration on the virtual console's Alerts page. See Virtual Console Issues and FAQs.
- From the EC2 Dashboard, select Instances to display the Instances console.
- Select the EC2 instance from which you deploy your cloud appliance.
- On the Description tab, locate the Instance Type field.
- In the Instance Type field, make sure that the correct instance type for the AMI is selected.