Steps 1 and 2: Select an AMI and Instance Type
To begin the instance launch process, you must select a Q-Cloud Protect Amazon Machine Image (AMI) on the AWS Marketplace. Quantum offers two sizes of the Q-Cloud Protect AMI. Select the size that best meets your minimum storage requirements.
Q-Cloud Protect 1 TB to 20 TB of storage capacity
Q-Cloud Protect 1 TB to 90 TB of storage capacity
Initiate Software Launch
After selecting the AMI, you will need to do the following to initiate the Launch process:
- Select a subscription type.
- Accept product terms.
- Manually launch the AMI.
- Select the appropriate instance type based on your selected AMI.
- From the AWS Marketplace, select the appropriate Q-Cloud Protect AMI to display the Q-Cloud Protect product page.
- After reviewing the information regarding the AMI's specifications, click Continue to display the Launch on EC2 page.
- Select the Manual Launch tab.
Although AWS Marketplace provides a 1-Click Launch option, you must use the Manual Launch process to correctly configure all settings for Q-Cloud Protect.
- In the Software Pricing section, select the desired Subscription Term, either Hourly or Annual.
- In the Price for your selections section, review the End User License Agreement and AWS Customer Agreement, and then click Accept Terms.
The AWS Marketplace Team sends you an email confirming your subscription to Q-Cloud Protect, which you will need before launching the product.
From the AWS Marketplace Team email, click the details needed to launch Q-Cloud Protect link to display the Your Software Subscriptions page.
- Click Launch More Software to display the Q-Cloud Protect product page.
- Select the Manual Launch tab, and click Launch with EC2 Console for the appropriate region.
The Step 2: Choose an Instance Type page displays.
- Select the appropriate instance type based on your selected AMI and storage capacity needs.
- Click Next: Configure Instance Details to assign a network to the instance. See Step 3: Configure Instance Details.