Step 4: Register the Cloud Appliance
(C2S Deployment Process)
After activating your capacity-based license and establishing your storage capacity, we recommend registering your Q-Cloud Protect appliance.
To register your cloud appliance, you will need its serial number. You can find the serial number on the Serial Number Certificate that you received with your purchase or on the Q-Cloud Protect appliance's Home page.
- From a workstation that has Internet access, open a Web browser and navigate to http://www.quantum.com/startup. The Quantum Start Up Web page displays.
- Click Product Registration to display the Quantum Product Registration Web page.
- Enter the cloud appliance's serial number in the New Customer or Existing Customer section, as appropriate.
- Click Submit to display the Online Product Registration form.
- Complete the form and click Submit to register your appliance.
- Return to the cloud appliance's virtual console, and generate a system diagnostics file to continue with the deployment process. See Step 5: Generate the System Diagnostics File.