Step 3: Register the Cloud Appliance
(AWS Marketplace Deployment Process)
After completing the Getting Started Wizard, we recommend registering your Q-Cloud Protect appliance. You will not receive service and support from Quantum until you do so.
To register your cloud appliance, you will need its serial number, which you can find on the Q-Cloud Protect appliance's Registration page (see To register your cloud appliance, you will need its serial number, which you can find on the Q-Cloud Protect appliance's Registration page (see Registration Page) or Home page.) or Home page.
- Depending on whether you can access the Internet from your cloud appliance's virtual console, do one of the following:The cloud appliance's virtual console can access the Internet
The cloud appliance's virtual console cannot access the Internet
- From the Configuration Wizard Home page, click Support to display the About System Support page.
- Click Next to display the Registration page
- Click the Quantum's Product Registration link to display the Quantum Start Up Web page.
From a workstation that has Internet access, open a Web browser and navigate to http://www.quantum.com/startup. The Quantum Start Up Web page displays.
- Click Product Registration to display the Quantum Product Registration Web page.
- Enter the cloud appliance's serial number in the New Customer or Existing Customer section, as appropriate.
- Click Submit to display the Online Product Registration form.
- Complete the form and click Submit to register your appliance.
- Return to the cloud appliance's virtual console, and generate a system diagnostics file to continue with the deployment process. See Step 4: Generate the System Diagnostics File.