Step 1: Log In to the Cloud Appliance
(GovCloud Deployment Process)
As the first step in deploying the cloud appliance, you must log in to its virtual console using the Administrator user account, which is enabled by default upon deployment. Use the instance's ID as the initial Administrator user's password.
Access the Q-Cloud Protect virtual console using a Web browser on a workstation that exists within the VPC-network configured for your Q-Cloud Protect appliance.
The Q-Cloud Protect virtual console supports the following Web browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox 17 or later
- Google Chrome 21 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, 10, or 11
- From the Instances Dashboard, select the Q-Cloud Protect instance to deploy and locate its private IP address listed on the Description tab.
- In a supported browser, enter https://<private_IP_address> to access the Q-Cloud ProtectLogin page.
- Log in to the appliance.
- In the Login Type field, select Administrator.
- In the Password field, enter the instance's ID, which you can find on the Instances Dashboard.
- Click the Login button to display Getting Started Wizard. See Step 2: Complete the Getting Started Wizard.
If the Login window does not display
- Verify that your Q-Cloud Protect instance is running in the EC2 console.
- Verify that the IP address is correct and that the network path to the cloud appliance is valid.
- Verify that you are using a supported Web browser.
- If the appliance is first booting up or rebooting, wait 15 minutes before trying to access the Login window.
- If you are still unable to access the Login window, contact your administrator.