Task Overview: Launch Instances from AWS Marketplace
The following task provides an overview of the steps you will take to launch your Q-Cloud Protect instance. For detailed instructions, click on the step's corresponding link.
- From the AWS Marketplace, search for Q-Cloud Protect, select the Q-Cloud Protect AMI based on your storage needs, and manually launch the AMI. See Steps 1 and 2: Select an AMI and Instance Type.
Although AWS Marketplace provides a 1-Click Launch option, you must use the Manual Launch process to correctly configure all settings for Q-Cloud Protect.
- On the Step 2: Choose an Instance Type page, select the appropriate instance type based on your selected AMI and storage capacity needs. See Steps 1 and 2: Select an AMI and Instance Type.
- Click Next: Configure Instance Details to assign a network configuration to the instance. See Step 3: Configure Instance Details.
Click the Next: Add Storage button to configure storage for your instance. See Step 4: Add Storage
- Click the Next: Tag Instance button to create tags for your instance. See Step 5: Tag Instance.
- Click Next: Configure Security Group to assign a security group to your instance. See Step 6: Configure Security Group.
- Click Review and Launch to review configuration settings. See Step 7: Review and Launch.
As part of the launch process, you will need to assign a key pair to the instance. See Assigning Key Pairs.
- Click Launch Instances to launch your instance. See Step 7: Review and Launch.