Step 2: Complete the Getting Started Wizard
(GovCloud Deployment Process)
The first time that you log in to the cloud appliance, you will need to walk through the Getting Started Wizard. Through this process, you will enter the product key sent to you from Quantum, review and accept the appliance's license agreement, as well as set the Administrator user's password.
After completing the Getting Started Wizard, the cloud appliance will reboot to configure the new password and other services. When the cloud appliance has finished rebooting, you can log back in to the appliance to activate licensed capacity, register your appliance, and begin the configuration process.
- Log in to the cloud appliance to display Getting Started Wizard. See Step 1: Log In to the Cloud Appliance.
- Click the Next button to display the Wizard's License Agreement page.
- In the Product Key field, enter the appliance's product key sent to you from Quantum.
- Select the I have read and accept this License Agreement check box, and click Next to display the Wizard's Access Control page.
- Set the new Administrator user's password required for accessing the cloud appliance's virtual console.
- In the Old Password field, enter the Instance ID.
- In the New Password field, enter a new password for the Administrator user.
- In the Confirm New Password field, re-enter the new password.
- Click Next to display the Wizard's Confirm Settings page.
- Click Show Password to confirm that the new password is correct.
- Click Finish to save your settings and display the Wizard's Confirm page.
- Click Yes to save the new password and reboot your cloud appliance.
- Log off your appliance and wait up to 30 minutes before logging back in. This amount of time is required for your cloud appliance to reboot.
- Activate your cloud appliance. See Step 3: Activate the License and Establish Storage Capacity.