Step 3: Configure Instance Details
On Step 3: Configure Instance Details of the Launch Instance Wizard, assign your Q-Cloud Protect instance the network configuration settings identified in the task below. You can configure additional permissions and purchasing options for the instance at your discretion.
You must assign the following network settings for your instance:
- For security purposes, you must use a VPC-Private network configuration. For more information, see VPC-Private Network Connections.
For AWS Marketplace and GovCloud regions only:To grant S3 and EC2 permissions to your instance, you must assign an IAM role. For more information, see Creating an IAM Role for Instances.
- From the Launch Instance Wizard, display Step 3: Configure Instance Details.
- In the Number of Instances field, enter 1.
For the AWS Marketplace region only:In the Purchasing Option field, make sure the Request Spot Instances check box is not selected.
Q-Cloud Protect requires a persistent instance, and spot instances could be interrupted while running.
- In the Network field, select the appropriate pre-configured VPC-Private network set up for your AWS account.
- If you are unsure about which network to select, ask the network administrator who configured your VPC-private network connection.
- If you need to create a VPC-Private network, click Create new VPC. See Creating a VPC-Hardware VPN Access Connection.
- In the Subnet field, verify that the subnet configured for the VPC is selected.
- If you are unsure about which subnet to select, ask the network administrator who configured your VPC-private network connection.
- If you need to create a subnet for the VPC, click Create new subnet. See Creating a VPC-Hardware VPN Access Connection.
- In the Auto-assign Public IP field, select Use subnet setting (Enable) to assign public IP addresses, which have been defined for the subnet, to the instance.
You must enable this setting for your instance to communicate with S3.
For AWS Marketplace and GovCloud regions only:In the IAM role field, select the appropriate IAM role to grant snapshot and S3 permissions to your instance.
- If you do not know whether an IAM role has been created, ask the network administrator who configured your VPC-private network connection.
- If you need to create an IAM role to grant your Q-Cloud Protect instance correct permissions, click Create new IAM role. See IAM Roles and Users.
- In the Shutdown behavior field, select Stop to turn your instance off when it is shut down.
Do not select Terminate. The Terminate option deletes the instance when it is shut down, although all Elastic Block Storage (EBS) volumes attached to the instance continue to persist.
- In the Enable termination protection field, select the Protect against accidental termination check box to protect against inadvertently terminating the instance.
- Configure other network settings, as desired.
Keep in mind that you will be charged additionally for the Monitoring and Tenancy settings.
- Click Next: Add Storage to proceed to the next step. See Step 4: Add Storage