Prepare for installation by completing the following main tasks:
- Review the guidelines and compatibility information. See the Planning and Compatibility section.
- Gather the network settings for the system. Use the Network Settings Worksheets provided in the "Helpful References" section below.
- Register your Quantum appliance on the StorNext Connect website and create a StorNext Connect account. See Register and Create an Account for details.
- If you have multiple orders or an order with more than one Quantum appliance, create an entry on the account for each additional appliance. See Add a System to the StorNext Connect Account for details.
- Get the installation materials customized for the system from the StorNext Connect website. See Get Installation Materials for details.
An "Open Me First" package is shipped with new systems that support StorNext Connect. Before doing anything else with the system, open this package to get the StorNext Connect Quickstart and the StorNext Connect Authorization Certificate. These two documents provide important information and instructions needed to begin installing the system.
A printed copy of the Quickstart is included in the "Open Me First" package shipped with systems that support StorNext Connect.
View the quickstart workflow here.
The authorization code for a Quantum appliance with StorNext Connect pre-authorized is printed on the authorization certificate, included in the "Open Me First" package shipped with the hardware. For other Quantum appliances, obtain the authorization code through the StorNext Connect request process. See StorNext Connect Request Process for details.
If an order includes multiple Quantum appliances, each appliance will have its own StorNext Connect authorization certificate and code. However, you can create one StorNext Connect website account using the authorization code and Quantum appliance serial number for one of the appliances, and then add entries to the account for each additional appliance.
For new hardware, the serial number is printed on the shipping labels attached to the boxes containing the Quantum appliance. The Quantum appliance's shipping label might differ from the one in the example.
You can also see this Quantum Knowledge Base article for details about finding Quantum product serial numbers.