The following information applies to version 18–V22 of the Connector. The current Connector for Linux clients is V22. The current Connector for Windows clients is V18.
Quantum provides updates to the Discover Components content when a new version of the Connector is available. New apps and newer versions of apps may require newer versions of the Connector. Also, as you add clients, it is recommended that you keep the Connector on all clients at the latest version.
You can update the Connector on existing StorNext Linux clients, including the StorNext Connect system's server node(s), that have an earlier Connector version installed. Updating the Connector is done on a per-client basis.
To update the Connector on a StorNext Windows client, install the newer version of the Connector, which will replace the Connector on the client. See Install the Connector on Windows Clients for details.
The App Store page for the Discover Components application identifies the version of the Connector that is available on thesystem. From the same page, you can download new versions of the Connector when they become available. This Connector package is used to establish communication between the system and Linux client systems.
- In , select App Store from the user name drop-down menu.
- Click Administer on the App Store tile for Discover Components.
- Compare the installed version with the available version.
- If a new version is available, click Download to update the Connector version that the Discover Components application will use when you install or update the Connector on Linux client systems.
Note: If the system does not have an Internet connection, click the Discover content button on the Software update downloads page of the website to download updated Connector content for the system's Discover Components application. See Update StorNext Connect Using Offline Content for details.
- Launch the Discover Components application.
- Click Add or update Connectors.
- Review information in the Connector release and Connector action columns for each client to determine whether there are clients running outdated Connector versions.
- Use the Connector action column to update the Connector on clients running outdated versions.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the action.
- Repeat for all clients that need the Connector updated.
- Return to the Discover Components application home page.
- Click Rediscover to update system information.