The following information applies to version 4 and 5 of the Administer App Store application.
If your StorNext releases.system does not have an Internet connection or if DNS is not configured, you must update using offline content. You can use offline content to update the applications, the Connector for Linux client systems, and
- In , select Admin from the user name drop-down menu in the user toolbar.
- Click This System.
- In the App Store Edit screen, select Offline for the Availability of the Quantum App Store.
- Click Save.
- Log in to the stornextconnect.quantum.com). website (
- Click Software update downloads.
- Download StorNext release content files, as needed. application updates, Connector content updates, and
Under Offline items available for download, click Connect apps and download the file. This file contains the latest versions of thecore content and applications.
Under Offline items available for download, click Discover content and download the file. This file contains the most recent version of the Connector for Linux, which is needed to establish communication between Linux clients and thesystem.
- Click the View release content files for download link to expand a list of StorNext client versions, organized by release, operating system, and processor architecture (e.g., powerpc_64, x86_64).
- Locate the client version you need, and click the More link to display the download button(s).
- Click the Client button to download client software only, or click Client w/ movers to download client software with distributed data mover or "DDM". Use the Download button that corresponds to Client w/ movers if there are clients in the environment that will be used as DDMs.
- Save the file to a location on your computer.
- In , select App Store from the user name drop-down menu.
- In the Connect Apps tile, click the Install File button.
- In the Connect Apps screen, click Choose file.
- Select the application updates content file (e.g., app-updates-1.0.0-54427.tar.gz) and click Open.
Note: When an offline package of application content is uploaded, all applications in the offline package are updated, including those not previously installed.
- Click Upload and install file.
- Repeat these steps for the Connector content file (e.g., discover_content-13-54427.tar.gz) and for each client package that you downloaded (e.g., snfs_client_plus_mover_RedHat50AS_26x86_64.bin.tar.gz).