Upgrade to NAS 1.3.0 from StorNext 5.4.0.x
StorNext 5.4.0.x includes StorNext NAS 1.2.5 and 1.3.0 upgrade packages, which are handled during the upgrade to StorNext 5.4.0.x as follows:
- If you purchased an appliance with StorNext 5.4.0.x pre-installed, then the appliance also has StorNext NAS 1.3.0 installed on it.
- If you are already running StorNext NAS 1.3.0, the StorNext 5.4.0.x upgrade will not upgrade your NAS software.
- If you are running StorNext NAS 1.2.5, the StorNext 5.4.0.x upgrade will place the NAS 1.3.0 upgrade RPMs into your local /var/upgrade directory. You can then locally upgrade to StorNext NAS 1.3.0. See Upgrade to NAS 1.3.0.
- If you are running StorNext NAS 1.2.4 or earlier, the StorNext 5.4.0.x upgrade will do one of the following:Individual NAS nodes
For individual NAS nodes that are not configured into a NAS cluster, the StorNext 5.4.0.x upgrade will automatically upgrade each node to StorNext NAS 1.2.5 and then StorNext NAS 1.3.0.NAS Clusters
For a NAS cluster, the StorNext 5.4.0.x upgrade will automatically upgrade each node to StorNext NAS 1.2.5. It will then place the StorNext NAS 1.3.0 upgrade RPMs into your local /var/upgrade directory. You will need to locally upgrade your master node and then each non-master node to StorNext NAS 1.3.0. See Upgrade to NAS 1.3.0.
- You must be on StorNext NAS 1.2.3 or 1.2.4 to upgrade to the StorNext NAS 1.2.5.
- You must be on StorNext NAS 1.2.5 or later to upgrade to the StorNext NAS 1.3.0.
- You need either to be logged in as the NAS sysadmin user or issue the
su -sysadmincommand to complete the system upgrade.
Additional Upgrade Information
- When you upgrade to StorNext NAS 1.3.0, your Samba version will automatically update to version 4.2.
- Keep in mind that you will perform all StorNext NAS configuration tasks from the console command line. To log in to the console command line for StorNext NAS, see Access the Console Command Line.
- Each node generally takes less than 5 minutes to complete the upgrade, and in many cases, each node will complete the upgrade between 30 seconds and 1 minute. Because the upgrade process could briefly interrupt access, we recommend performing an upgrade when minimal disruption to file access will occur.
The following flow chart assumes that you are currently running StorNext NAS 1.2.3 or 1.2.4. You must be on StorNext NAS 1.2.3 or 1.2.4 before upgrading to StorNext NAS 1.2.5.