Run the NAS Repo Upgrade
To upgrade your StorNext NAS System from versions 1.2.2 or lower, you must manually update your software on each StorNext NAS node using the NAS Repo Upgrade RPM. This RPM allows access to future upgrades, either offline from a local directory or over the Internet from Quantum's remote upgrade repository.
Why Do I Need to Perform this Step?
After running the NAS Repo Upgrade RPM, you have the option of upgrading from Quantum's remote upgrade repository accessed over the Internet. With this feature, you will no longer need to manually download the latest StorNext NAS RPMs. Instead your StorNext NAS software will be able to directly pull the latest version at your command.
You can still upgrade your StorNext NAS software locally (without direct-Internet access). Going forward, however, all upgrade packages are signed, meaning that the public key — imported to your system from the NAS Repo Upgrade RPM — is required to install the software upgrade. You need to import this public key regardless of whether the upgrade packages are installed directly from Quantum's remote upgrade repository over the Internet or offline from a local /var/upgrade directory.
The NAS Repo Upgrade RPM does the following:
- Properly configures your StorNext NAS software to access Quantum's remote upgrade repository (over the Internet) in which the latest StorNext NAS RPM is stored.
- Imports a public key required to install the latest StorNext NAS RPM.
- Download and move the applicable NAS Repo Upgrade RPM to the /var/upgrade directory. See /var/upgrade Directory.CentOS6 (supported on Xcellis WFE, G300, Artico, and MDC servers)
quantum-snfs-nas-repo-upgrade-1.2.3-5181.el6.x86_64.rpmCentOS7 (supported on the Xcellis WFD)
- Log in to the console command line as the NAS sysadmin user or issue the
su - sysadmincommand to access the NAS controller.
- Run the following command to point your StorNext NAS software to Quantum's remote upgrade repository and to import the public key required to install the latest StorNext NAS RPM:
system upgrade local
- Proceed to Upgrade to NAS 1.2.5.
- You need to perform all upgrades on each StorNext NAS node.
- Keep in mind that you will perform all StorNext NAS configuration tasks from the console command line. To log in to the console command line for StorNext NAS, see Access the Console Command Line.
- To access the version of StorNext NAS software that you are currently running, see View Your Current NAS Software Version.
- Each node generally takes less than 5 minutes to complete the upgrade, and in many cases, each node will complete the upgrade between 30 seconds and 1 minute. Because the upgrade process could briefly interrupt access, we recommend performing an upgrade when minimal disruption to file access will occur.